Filled with so many surprises and incredible places, Texas is one of those destinations that you won’t forget easily! And if you’re planning a trip there, then you’ve landed in the right spot, as in this post, you’ll find the best hotels with lazy rivers in Texas.
I’ve looked for hours on the web and found some incredible options which I listed from most to least expensive, so you can easily pick your favorite. I also added 2 bonus sections, one with the top Texas hotels with water slides and the other with some amazing accommodations near famous water parks.
I know you’re thinking that since it’s a whole state, there’s an abundance of hotels with a lazy river in Texas, but I’d still recommend booking your favorite early because, trust me, the great ones will always sell out fast!
But I don’t want to bore you with too many details!
So, let’s go, cowboys!
If you are in a hurry
If you can’t go through the whole text, don’t worry. You can check out the shortlist below, where I added the best hotels with a lazy river in Texas:
Since we’re talking about the best hotels with a lazy river in the whole state, I thought you might need this map to help you visualize all the locations:
Luxury (US$350 and up)
- JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa – This awesome hotel in San Antonio features 7 on-site restaurants, a luxury spa, and 4 swimming pools! Pack your swimsuit and get ready to have fun going on the lazy river and water slides at the water park! The accommodation also offers a business center for guests, outdoor tennis courts, views of the Texas Hill Country, and lots of family-friendly activities!
- Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa – This hotel, nestled along the Lower Colorado River, has so many cool things going on, like outdoor activities (archery, canoeing), a water park with a lazy river, a fitness center, and a full-service spa! End your days of non-stop fun around the outdoor fire pit with some hot cocoa! And don’t forget to book your hotels with lazy rivers in advance because the good ones will definitely disappear in a second!
- Marriott Marquis Houston – This hotel has the coolest feature: an outdoor pool with a Texas-shaped lazy river! Love that! Set in Houston, the accommodation also offers a full-service spa, 6 on-site restaurants, and a fitness center. Rent out some bikes from the hotel and head out to explore the city when you’re not enjoying that brilliant Texas sun by the outdoor pool.
- Gaylord Texan Resort and Convention Center – What a beautiful property! This Grapevine hotel features extensive gardens and rooms with elegant decor and a private bathroom. Enjoy a few drinks by the poolside bar before jumping in the lazy river! The accommodation also comes with a luxury spa, four winding water slides, 9 on-site restaurants, a fitness center, and even a walk-in beach.
- Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort & Spa – Say hello to your next favorite Texas resort! Located in San Antonio, in a stunning location with great views of the Texas Hill Country, this accommodation comes with many amenities, including 3 swimming pools, water slides, and a lazy river! Start your morning with a yummy breakfast at the restaurant, and then head out to play on the golf course or enjoy some of the spa services.
Mid-range (from US$250 to US$350)
- Moody Gardens Hotel Spa and Convention Center – Nature lovers, this place is for you! Set on Galveston Island, the spa resort is surrounded by a tropical garden, and it even has a living rainforest on its grounds! Of course, you’ll also find 2 swimming pools with a lazy river, a swim-up bar, a poolside snack bar, and 2 on-site restaurants. All the rooms at the accommodation are pretty spacious, and they come with free Wi-Fi.
- The Woodlands Resort, Curio Collection by Hilton – Have your coffee, play a bit on the golf course and then head to the outdoor pool and enjoy the lazy river, waterfall pool, and water slides! Set a 30-minute drive away from Houston, the hotel offers rooms with a view of the golf course, a children’s pool, and a restaurant that serves yummy dishes! They also offer lots of activities off-site, like bike tours, hiking, and canoeing!
- The Resort at Schlitterbahn – Hope your family is ready for the adventure of a lifetime! Located in New Braunfels within the Schlitterbahn Waterpark, this cool resort features water slides, a lazy river, and an outdoor pool. Guests will also have access to a business center in case they need to catch up on some work and also to a golf course which is set just 3 minutes away from the accommodation.
- Margaritaville Lake Resort – Lake Conroe – With plenty of activities for all family members, this accommodation located in Montgomery is perfect for your holiday! There are 5 swimming pools, water slides, a kids club and a spa center for everyone who needs a bit of “me time”! The resort also offers valet parking, a fitness center, 2 on-site restaurants, and a lazy river in Texas.
Budget (up to US$230)
- Great Wolf Lodge Grapevine – Planning that family holiday? Then check out this great hotel located in Grapevine! It offers so many cool things to do! Water slides, a lazy river, swimming pools, and a hot tub in which you can soak up all day long! Start your day with some breakfast at one of the 5 restaurants on-site, and afterward, take the little one to the kids club or the popular game room, which I’m sure they’ll love!
- Hyatt Residence Club – There’s nothing better than swimming in a pool and going on a lazy river in Texas under the sun! And this hotel in San Antonio, near Six Flags Fiesta Texas, offers just that, plus a multitude of other facilities like golfing, a sauna, and a fitness center. The rooms are beautifully furnished with dark-wood pieces (some even come with a balcony) and they’ve got free Wi-Fi!
- Kalahari Resorts & Conventions – Located in Round Rock, this gorgeous resort has everything you’d wish for your holiday! The accommodation has a water park with a lazy river, water slides, and also an adventure park that the kids are going to love. The rooms here are super spacious, and they come with comfortable beds, free Wi-Fi, and a private bathroom.
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations Villages – With their incredible indoor water park, play areas, and lots of activities, this hotel is surely a keeper! Set in Flint, the hotel offers 4 swimming pools, a lazy river, and a fitness center. Enjoy your days here by going horse riding, canoeing, and hiking, and finish your adventure with dinner at the restaurant and a fun movie night.
- Inn at the Waterpark – Planning a trip to Galveston, TX? Then check out this hotel that’s set in the downtown area! The accommodation has a water park with multiple swimming pools and a lazy river, a mini golf course, and a fitness center. Start your morning with a delicious free breakfast, and then head out to explore the town or play at the water park!
BONUS 1: Best hotels with water slides & water parks
Since we’re talking about the whole state today I decided to make a bonus section for you (yay)! In case the hotels with a lazy river in Texas from that list are all booked out, or maybe they’re not really what you were looking for, you’d at least have some extra options.
I’ve ordered all the hotels below from most to least expensive, and the prices start from US$160 to US$500:
- Rough Creek Lodge and Resort – With a stunning location in Glen Rose surrounded by greenery and trees, this amazing resort offers different cabins, and home rentals and has a lot of cool features. These include a water slide, a mini-golf course, and even a maze (which is the largest one in Texas)!
- Lakeway Resort and Spa – Are you ready to relax, sit back and enjoy some days of relaxation? Then book a room at this Lakeway resort that has a spa center with a hot tub, a water park, and lots of things to do, like boating, diving, and fishing.
- La Cantera Resort & Spa Wild Oak Ranch – Catch a scenic sunset by the infinity pool of this hotel in San Antonio that’s located near Six Flags Fiesta Texas and which has a spa and a golf course. Featuring elegant decor, the accommodation comes with 3 more swimming pools, a water slide, and a kids club!
BONUS 2: Top hotels near water parks
I always like to have a backup option if all fails. That’s why I decided to make a second bonus, which may help those of you who are either looking for something a bit more affordable or who’d want to stay closer to some of the most popular parks in Texas.
Definitely check out this section if that’s you, where you’ll find the hotels ordered from most to least expensive, with prices starting from US$100 to US$250:
- Courtyard by Marriott New Braunfels River Village – Located near the Schlitterbahn Waterpark this accommodation comes with spacious family rooms (some have a view of Guadalupe River) that have free Wi-Fi, a restaurant, and a fitness center.
- Courtyard Dallas Grand Prairie – Start your day with a nourishing breakfast at the restaurant on site before heading to Epic Waters Indoor Waterpark! This hotel also offers an outdoor swimming pool, room service, and a bar.
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott – Enjoy the Texas sun by the outdoor pool of this hotel that’s located near Aquatica San Antonio. The accommodation comes with family rooms that have a flat-screen TV, a fitness center, and free parking.
FAQs about hotels with lazy rivers in Texas
🤩 Which hotel has a lazy river in the shape of Texas?
Marriott Marquis Houston is a popular hotel that has a lazy river in the shape of Texas. The accommodation also offers 6 restaurants and a spa.
👪 Which are the best hotels for families in Texas?
🤔 Which hotel or water park has the biggest lazy river in Texas?
Waco Surf is the water park that has the longest lazy river in Texas.
🔝 Which are the best hotels with a lazy river in Texas?
Today, we’ve gone through a list of the best hotels with lazy rivers in Texas and 2 bonus sections with some great hotels with water slides and the top accommodation near the most popular water parks in Texas. So, who’s already packing their bags?
I know you’ve got a lot of options, so if you’re feeling a bit overwhelmed by all the choices, just check out the below my 2 favorite hotels with a lazy river in Texas:
Just remember that it’s super important to book your hotels with a lazy river in Texas early. Otherwise, you may miss your favorite!
Enjoy your time in this fun destination, and as always, I’m around if you need more guidance or if you’ve got any questions. Just drop me a comment below, and I’ll answer ASAP!
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!