Do you want to learn from Mexico’s history and explore the country’s natural wonders? Visit Guanajuato and plunge into this country’s culture! Nothing is better than learning by experiencing, so it is great you are reading this article about unique Guanajuato hotels that will make your stay unforgettable.
I have done thorough research online for hours until I found all the best Guanajuato Hotels for your dreamlike stay in the city! This article is arranged by price, first, the luxury hotels, then mid-range price hotels, and last but not least, the budget hotels. All the hotels listed here are of excellent quality, so it all comes down to your personal preferences!
Guanajuato, Mexico, is very popular among travelers, so after reading this article, don’t forget to book your hotel in advance and save yourself the struggle of ending up without accommodation!
Are you ready for the show?
If you are in a hurry
If you need to book fast and don’t have a lot of time to read the whole article, here you have my top 3 recommendations for Guanajuato hotels:
Luxury (US$130 and up)
- Casa Del Rector Hotel Boutique – Located in the city center, this hotel has landmarks and museums a short walk away! The hotel has a restaurant and a swimming pool with amazing city views. The rooms are cozy and come with air conditioning, flat-screen TV with satellite channels, and free Wi-Fi. Enjoy the hotel’s breakfast every morning before stepping into one of Mexico’s magical and historical cities!!
- Edelmira Hotel Boutique – This elegant hotel is in the middle of the beautiful city of Guanajuato, with Union Garden and Plaza de la Paz only a few minutes walk! The hotel has a roof terrace with a hot tub which all guests can enjoy, and an indoor pool area open all year round. City views and beautiful architecture are guaranteed at this hotel. The rooms are classy and have a flat-screen TV, a private bathroom, and air conditioning!
- 1850 Hotel Boutique – This Victorian-style hotel, situated in a central location and steps away from La Paz Square and local restaurants, has everything you need for an unforgettable stay. The hotel has a sky bar with stunning views to enjoy with a drink on a summer evening and a spa to relax after a day touring the city! The suites are spacious and come with air conditioning, a flat-screen with cable TV, and, selected ones, a balcony!
- Villa Maria Cristina Hotel – Located just outside the city center, in Loma de Zaragoza, this hotel looks like a dream, with high ceilings and fantastic decor, and 2 swimming pools (an outdoor and indoor one). You can treat yourself, have a spa day, and enjoy a top-quality dinner! Some of the suites have a private whirlpool tub, so make good use of it while enjoying the room service Villa Maria Cristina Hotel offers!
- Hotel Indigo Guanajuato – What a modern and colorful hotel in the city center! Hotel Indigo Guanajuato has an outstanding restaurant, “Don Mirlo,” where you can enjoy a meal from 6 AM to 11 PM. The rooms have big art pieces over the walls, flat-screen TV with cable channels, free Wi-Fi, and an air conditioner to keep you cool!
- Antigua Trece Hotel Fusión – Staying at Antigua Trece Hotel Fusión means guaranteed excellent service! The central location is great for those looking to explore the city, and what better way to relax than dipping into a fabulous pool? If you fancy a drink, enjoy one with a fantastic view from the hotel’s terrace! If you want to relax in private, the Master Suite with a terrace has a hot tub!
Mid-Range (US$75 – US$120)
- Hotel Antiguo Vapor Categoría Especial – Features a cozy and rustic decor that will make you feel at home! The rooms are spacious and come with all the amenities you need in colonial styles, such as a private bathroom, cozy beds, and cable TV! You can find traditional restaurants just minutes away from the hotel and historical sites and museums just around the corner!
- Sanbernabé tres – Situated in Pastita, this cute boutique hotel has fantastic decor, filled with traditional Mexican art, pretty hand-painted tiles, and a traditional inner courtyard. You will absorb Mexico’s traditions! The hotel offers airport shuttle services for a worry-free stay, 24-hour front desk reception, and a shared kitchen! All the rooms have a private bathroom, and selected rooms have a balcony!
- Hotel Plata Condesa – A great combination of a traditional facade with a modern and simple interior. Savor the hotel breakfast every morning before setting yourself up for an adventure! The rooms come with free Wi-Fi, an attached accessible bathroom, and a flat-screen TV to feel cozy after a long day out. Plata Condesa is located in the city center and has many tourist spots nearby, and if you’d like to go on a walking tour, you can book it at the hotel for an additional charge.
- El Meson de los Poetas – Only 3 minutes from a prestigious university in the city center (Universidad de Guanajuato), El Meson de los Poetas has colorful rooms inspired by different poets. They have a ceiling fan, a cable TV, and a private bathroom. The Meson offers room service for your commodity, and you can enjoy a great complimentary breakfast at their onsite restaurant every morning!
- Hotel San Diego – Jardin de la Union is just around the corner from Hotel San Diego. My favorite thing about this hotel is that the restaurant has an astonishing 360° view of the city! The facilities and rooms have a traditional yet modern look, which makes it a fantastic place to dive in Guanajuato. You’ll enjoy staying in any of the rooms because they all come with a fan and free Wi-Fi, and some rooms have a balcony with views!
- La Cañada – Located only a 30-minute drive from the city, La Cañada looks like the perfect place to relax and enjoy nature! The rooms are simple, yet they have everything you need, such as toiletries, free Wi-Fi, and a flat-screen TV! Some rooms have balconies, but if the one you book doesn’t, don’t worry, the hotel has fantastic views from all points! If you travel with your family, this hotel is a good option as rooms can host up to 4 passengers!
Budget (up to US$65)
- Hotel de la Paz – This 3-star hotel is in the middle of the city center, and you can even see the Universidad de Guanajuato from some rooms! The hotel offers a complimentary breakfast, so don’t worry about running around in the morning to get coffee! They have family rooms with a flat-screen TV, free Wi-Fi, and a private bathroom with all the toiletries you might need!
- Casa El Ombligo de la Luna – This house with rooms for rent is great for a group of friends. It is located 5 minutes away from Museo de Cera. The rooms come with free Wi-Fi, and private parking is available for guests for an extra fee. El Ombligo has a shared kitchen with an oven, microwave, and fridge to cook and store your food! There is also a coffee maker and toaster so you will be covered in the morning for breakfast coffee and toast!
- Hostal Casa de Dante – This hostel is in Barrio de la Presa, approximately 15 min from the city, and it is decorated with the most vibrant colors and traditional fashion, which is lovely! Casa de Dante is only open to adults, you pay for a bed in a shared room, but each room has its own private bathroom, only open for the guests in that particular room. You can have a complimentary breakfast each morning!
- Capital O Casa Santa Fe – Stay in this Loma de Zaragoza hotel and discover what Guanajuato offers! The hotel has a cute terrace where you can sit and enjoy a drink or a meal. The rooms are simple but have all you need to make your stay fantastic: a cozy bed, free Wi-Fi, air conditioning, and a flat-screen TV! Some rooms have a minibar to keep your food and drinks cool!
- Hotel Maggic Home Panorámica – Are you looking for a value-for-money hotel? This hotel in Barrio de la Presa is perfect for couples, solo travelers, or even families for an affordable price. All the rooms have a flat-screen TV and Wi-Fi, and all the guests can use the private parking and their restaurant with great service. If you have any food restrictions, let them know, and they will accommodate you!
- Cactus Hostel – This hostel is in Barrio de La Presa and offers comfy and modern rooms with beds, a wardrobe, and a private bathroom if selected! They also provide standard shared bedrooms with shared bathrooms where you will only pay for a single bed! All guests can have the complimentary breakfast the hostel offers and eat it on their amazing terrace overviewing the city and mountains!
FAQs about the best hotels in Guanajuato
🏊 What are the best hotels with pools in Guanajuato?
💑 What’s the best hotel for couples?
My go-to for couples is 1850 Hotel Boutique, the style of the hotel and the sky bar will set the mood for a romantic weekend!
🛁 What’s the best hotel with a private hot tub?
👨👩👧 Which hotels are good for families?
Oof! That was a ride! I covered a total of 16 Guanajuato hotels in this article, divided into sections with prices for every pocket!
I know you have many options to choose from, which is fantastic, but if you need some help deciding shh, these are my 2 absolute favorites:
- 1850 Hotel Boutique – I love Victorian times, so the decor adds positive points to this amazing place. On top of that, it’s in the city center, and there is a sky bar with fantastic views.
- La Cañada – This nice hotel is outside the city, but it’s astonishing! It has amazing views, and the hotel’s colonial architecture makes it look like you are being transported to another world.
Don’t forget to book your stay in Guanajuato as soon as you’ve decided which one is the winner! These hotels book so fast, and I don’t want you to miss the opportunity to stay where you want!
What do you think about the hotels listed here? Which hotel in Guanajuato is your favorite? Let me know in the comments.
Until the next quest,
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!