When I previous wrote about our basement structure project, we had just concluded portray the basement stairs! This modify produced this kind of a major variation, and it was the to start with of a several updates I understood I preferred to make in the basement stairwell.
Nowadays I’m composing about the latest update in our basement style and design project: the wallpaper I selected for the basement stairwell.
Read through on for all the details on why I selected the wallpaper pattern I did.
The Ottoline Wallpaper I Chosen for the Basement Stairwell
I selected a bold, exclusive wallpaper sample from Ottoline called Bloomsbury Stripes. I love the colours, the scale, and that it reads like a stripe—but with a major twist. This wallpaper will be put in on the walls at the best of the basement stairwell, extending from the ceiling to the painted wooden paneling. I think this wallpaper would make a large effects in any more compact room like a powder space or hallway.
Here’s Why I Selected This Ottoline Wallpaper
This was a really really hard wallpaper to pick since there are so numerous design factors bordering the location in which it will be installed! The stairs open up up ideal into the kitchen area eating region, entrance hallway from the garage, guest bathroom, and Birdie’s area (formerly the visitor space). I experienced to feel about how the wallpaper would tie in with the design and style of each and every of these rooms. I also experienced to contemplate how the wallpaper would perform with the adjacent materials—mainly the texture of the marble flooring and the wood paneling on the partitions. Any wallpaper sample that was the similar scale as the paneling felt completely wrong, as did any sample that appeared far too natural like the veining on the marble.
To begin with, I was taking into consideration wallpaper with a modest dot sample, but I kept coming again to this zigzag striped Ottoline pattern. There’s one thing about the scale of the pattern and the colors in this wallpaper that tie in actually effectively with the adjacent wood and marble elements. It functions as a wonderful bridge between all of the varying layout features. It also works as a pretty backdrop to the colors of the kitchen area cabinets!
What’s Subsequent for the Basement Design and style Venture
Here is a listing of the updates to arrive, most of which will take place all through this summertime:
- Install the Ottoline wallpaper at the top of the basement stairwell.
- Increase a new mild fixture at the prime of the stairwell.
- Set up a new stair runner.
- Put in a new handrail in the stairwell.
- Deliver a several far more home furniture and decor pieces into the basement family members area. A handful of of the items I ordered arrived this month! The spouse and children space is currently searching so diverse, in the really very best way.
- Update the wine space (see much more of this space in this article). We will do a limewash finish or paint the brick, update the mild fixtures, and update the plumbing.