1. Just after on the lookout closely at the image earlier mentioned (or at the whole-measurement graphic), feel about these 3 issues:
2. Upcoming, be a part of the conversation by clicking on the comment button and putting up in the box that opens on the appropriate. (Learners 13 and more mature are invited to comment, even though instructors of young students are welcome to put up what their college students have to say.)
3. Just after you have posted, check out examining back to see what other folks have reported, then respond to a person else by putting up another comment. Use the “Reply” button or the @ image to deal with that student directly.
Just about every Monday, our collaborator, Visible Contemplating Tactics, will aid a dialogue from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Japanese time by paraphrasing feedback and linking to responses to assistance students’ comprehension go deeper. You could use their responses as designs for your own.
4. On Thursday afternoons, we will reveal at the base of this publish additional facts about the picture. How does looking through the caption and discovering its again tale assistance you see the impression otherwise?
This week’s picture arrives from the “Images of the Day” collection published on May possibly 25, 2011, on the Lens weblog. The authentic caption reads:
Jinyu, left, and Karren shown planking all through an interview with Reuters at the Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall in Taipei, Taiwan. Lying confront flat on the floor may perhaps not be the world’s most glamorous pose, but the two have built a identify for by themselves on the web — and hope to use the trend to distribute good social messages. The pair have about 100,000 followers pursuing them on Facebook.
Nicky Loh is the photographer.
• Obtain out how academics can be skilled in the Visual Imagining Methods facilitation system.
Students 13 and more mature in the United States and the Britain, and 16 and older somewhere else, are invited to comment. All reviews are moderated by the Understanding Network staff, but please hold in mind that the moment your remark is recognized, it will be created public.